Asked by: Ayrton Jonathantravel europe travel
What is the famous thing in Finland?
Last Updated: 4th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Considering this, what are Finland famous for?
Finland is famous for its glassware, andone of the most iconic and valuable brands is Iittala, which hasbeen making glass since 1881 and now has filled practically everyFinnish home with glass items. They last so long that it iscommon for people to inherit Iittala items from theirrelatives.
Also, what food is Finland famous for? Here are 10 Finnish dishes you've got to try:
- Karjalanpiirakka (rice pies)
- Ruisleipa (rye bread)
- Leipajuusto (bread cheese)
- Kalakukko (fish pie)
- Korvapuusti (cinnamon buns)
- Lihapullat (Finnish meatballs)
- Graavilohi (cured salmon)
- Mustikkapiirakka (blueberry pie)
Herein, what is good to buy in Finland?
You can buy Finnish food online too!
- Fazer chocolate.
- Salty licorice or salmiakki.
- Tom of Finland Coffee and Books.
- Finlandia Finnish vodka.
- Moomin mugs.
- Traditional Finnish Knitwear.
- Aalto Vase.
What should you not miss in Finland?
What not to miss in Finland
- 1) Meet real Santa Claus in Rovaniemi.
- 2) Visit a UNESCO site.
- 3) Ride a reindeer sleigh.
- 4) Hop into one of 188 000 Finnish lakes.
- 5) Shop at kauppahalli.
- 6) Witness the beauty of the Northern Lights.
- 7) Go back to Middle Ages in Porvoo.
- 8) Rent a summer cottage.