Asked by: Leidiane Mendiaevents and attractions historic site and landmark tours
What is the most important building in Greece?
Last Updated: 19th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, what famous buildings are in Greece?
Here are our suggestions on the most famous Greek landmarks that you should visit during your holidays in the country.
- #1 Parthenon Temple, Acropolis.
- #2 Caldera of Santorini.
- #3 Windmills in the Cyclades.
- #4 Sanctuary of Delphi.
- #5 Myrtos Beach Kefalonia.
- #6 Ancient Olympia.
- #7 Medieval Town of Rhodes.
- #8 Navagio Beach Zante.
One may also ask, what was the most famous building in Athens? Athens famous buildings: the most characteristic of the city
- # The Acropolis. The Acropolis is definitely the most famous building in Athens.
- # The Greek Parliament. After the Acropolis, the second most famous building in Athens is the Greek Parliament.
- # The Neoclassical trilogy.
- # The Temple of Zeus.
- # Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
In this manner, what is the most famous example of Greek architecture?
The ancient Greeks are rightly famous for their magnificent Doric and Ionic temples, and the example par excellence is undoubtedly the Parthenon of Athens.
What is Greece well known for?
Greece is famous for being the birthplace of democracy, the creation of the Olympic Games, and for its unique and historical architecture. Some examples include the Acropolis in Athens, the Sanctuary of Delphi, and the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus.