Asked by: Merri Korfsmeiertechnology and computing web design and html
What is the most reliable locator in selenium WebDriver?
Last Updated: 20th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, which locator is best in selenium WebDriver?
Selenium Locators: Locate element by Id Ids are the safest and fastest locator option and should always be the first choice even when there are multiple choices. WebElement Ele = driver. findElement(By.id("txtUserName "));
Furthermore, which one is fastest locator in selenium? Using ID Locator in Selenium WebDriver is the fastest and the most reliable among all the locators. ID's are supposed to be unique to each element, making the ID locator as a dependable choice.
In this regard, what are locators available in selenium WebDriver and which is best to use?
Writing reliable locators for Selenium and WebDriver tests
- IDs are king! IDs are the safest locator option and should always be your first choice.
- CSS and Xpath locators.
- Find an anchoring element.
- When to use 'index' locators like nth-child() and [x]
- CSS class names often tell their purpose.
- Spotting future fragility.
- Direct descendents.
- Adjust it for purpose.
What are the locators in Selenium WebDriver?
The different locators in Selenium are as follows:
- By CSS ID: find_element_by_id.
- By CSS class name: find_element_by_class_name.
- By name attribute: find_element_by_name.
- By DOM structure or xpath: find_element_by_xpath.
- By link text: find_element_by_link_text.
- By partial link text: find_element_by_partial_link_text.