Asked by: Aizhen Gouldingtechnology and computing databases
What is view and advantages of views?
Last Updated: 12th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this way, what are the advantages of views?
Advantages and Disadvantages of views in SqlServer
- Security. Each user can be given permission to access thedatabase only through a small set of views that contain thespecific data the user is authorized to see, thus restricting theuser's access to stored data.
- Query Simplicity.
- Structural simplicity.
- Data Integrity.
- Logical data independence.
Likewise, what is a view in SQL What is the use of a view? A view is actually a composition of a table inthe form of a predefined SQL query. Views are used forsecurity purpose in databases,views restricts the user fromviewing certain column and rows means by using view we canapply the restriction on accessing the particular rows and columnsfor specific user.
Also to know, what are the advantages of views in SQL Server?
The following are advantages of using databaseviews.
- A database view allows you to simplify complex queries: adatabase view is defined by an SQL statement that associates withmany underlying tables.
- A database view helps limit data access to specific users.
- A database view provides extra security layer.
What is view and its advantages in DBMS?
A DBMS provides a framework for betterenforcement of data privacy and security policies. Wider access towell-managed data promotes an integrated view of theorganization's operations and a clearer view of the bigpicture. It becomes much easier to see how actions in one segmentof the company affect other segments.