Asked by: Vitores Cabareda,home and garden landscaping
What kind of ground cover grows in the shade?
Last Updated: 1st April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Besides, what is the fastest growing ground cover plant?
Creeping Jenny is a fast grower, and thyme will gain about half its size by the next year, but really how fast any plant spreads depends upon how well it likes the conditions.
Similarly, what is the best ground cover for under trees? Some good choices for ground cover plants under trees include:
- Creeping juniper.
- Liriope/monkey grass.
- Wild violets.
Additionally, what is the best low maintenance ground cover?
The Best Low-Maintenance Ground Covers for Your Garden
- Heuchera. 1/11. An evergreen perennial, heuchera is known for its vibrant foliage, which ranges in color from silver to green to brown.
- Honeysuckle. 2/11.
- Brass Buttons. 3/11.
- Creeping Phlox. 4/11.
- Creeping Jenny. 5/11.
- Stonecrop. 6/11.
- Vinca Minor. 7/11.
- Lamium. 8/11.
What do you put under trees where grass won't grow?
Landscaping ideas without grass
- Lay bricks, wood or cement over the area to make a patio.
- Swap in artificial turf where grass won't grow.
- Add woodchip mulch, particularly in grassless areas under trees, for a cleaner look.
- Create a small garden with flowers or shrubs.
- Cover the area with rocks or pebbles.