Asked by: Ilarion Wittkophome and garden indoor environmental quality
What kind of oil do you use in a condenser fan motor?
Last Updated: 12th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this way, what type of oil does AC fan motor take?
Use a high-quality oil designed for high-speed motor shafts and bearings. Do not use oil containing a detergent, such as automotive motor oil. Detergent is bad for the bearings of fan motors.
Also Know, can you use wd40 on a fan? Never spray WD40 on the ceiling fan motor; as it is not an oil-based lubricant, it can damage the motor instead of loosening any stuck or rusting parts.
In this manner, how do you lubricate a fan?
- Remove the front grill of the fan.
- Lay the fan down on a flat surface with the exposed face up.
- Apply a light nondetergent household oil that is SAE20.
- Spray the shaft carefully with lightweight lubricant.
- Reassemble the fan and test.
- Remove the front blade guard by prying off the clips or removing the screws.
How much is an AC fan motor?
When your air conditioner's fan motor breaks, it will typically cost about $300 to $600 to replace. It's imperative to get this fixed quickly, since without a working fan motor your air conditioner's compressor can be the next domino to tumble. Its repair is even more significant — usually running closer to $2,000.