Asked by: Edra Srivatsanhobbies and interests beekeeping
What kind of plants do bumble bees like?
Last Updated: 26th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Herein, what kind of plants do bees like?
- Crocus, hyacinth, borage, calendula, and wild lilac provide enticing spring blooms in a bee garden. - Bees feast on bee balm, cosmos, echinacea, snapdragons foxglove, and hosta in the summer. - For fall, zinnias, sedum, asters, witch hazel and goldenrod are late bloomers that will tempt foragers.
Subsequently, question is, what flowers do bumble bees eat? 12 Flowers That Are Good For Bees
- Lilacs. Lilacs come in seven colors and are easy to grow.
- Lavender. Lavender plants are much-buzzed about when it comes to honey bees—possibly because of their long bloom time and the fact that they're rich in nectar.
- Black-eyed Susan.
Just so, how do you attract bumble bees?
12 Ways to Attract Bumble Bees to Your Garden
- 12 Ways to Attract Bumble Bees:
- Give them cover. Bees need a break from the sun and heat, too.
- Give them something to sip on.
- Try some colorful bee balm.
- Keep color in mind when planting.
- Plant flowering vegetables.
- Try planting flowering fruits.
- Forget about pesticides.
What are bees favorite flower?
Tubular-shaped flowers such as foxgloves, honeysuckle, penstemons and snapdragons are the favourite feeding places of long-tongued bees such as the garden bumblebee, Bombus hortorum.