Asked by: Ponciana Korstfood and drink world cuisines
What meat goes well with artichokes?
Last Updated: 8th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what sides to serve with artichokes?
- Dairy: melted/drawn butter, cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream, cream sauces, Parmesan cheese, and feta cheese.
- Produce: spinach, lemon, garlic, onion, avocado, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, shallots, potatoes and arugula.
- Herbs & Spices: olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon pepper, and basil.
Also, can you eat the leaves of an artichoke? It's simple really: You peel off a petal, then scrape off the tender portion at the tip with your teeth. The heart is also edible. The other parts of the artichoke -- the actual leaves, the hairy stuff at the bottom, the stem, etc. -- should never in any circumstances be eaten.
Also, what do you eat whole artichokes with?
20 Ways to Eat Artichokes
- Steamed Artichokes. Cut bottom and top off artichokes, and remove outer more fibrous leaves.
- Artichoke Flatbread. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Artichoke Salsa.
- Grilled Baby Artichokes.
- Artichoke Cream Cheese.
- Artichoke-Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
- Braised Artichokes.
- Artichoke Pasta.
Are artichokes in season right now?
While California artichokes are available throughout the year, peak season is March through May and again to a smaller degree in October.