Asked by: Marioara Brocksevents and attractions birthday
What other word can be used instead of dear?
Last Updated: 19th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, what word can I use instead of dear?
"Dear Sir or Madam" Alternatives
- "Hello, [Insert team name]"
- "Hello, [Insert company name]"
- "Dear, Hiring Manager"
- "Dear, [First name]"
- "To Whom it May Concern"
- "Hi there"
- "I hope this email finds you well"
Secondly, is Dear formal? "Dear" is customary in letter salutations.Thatincludes business letters, letters to people you don't know,andletters to people you don't like. Otherwise, "dear" isanendearment. The degree of closeness it expresses depends onthespeaker, and probably varies regionally as well.
Likewise, people ask, how do you address a letter without saying dear?
- To Whom It May Concern: Use only when you do not know towhomyou must address the letter, for example, when writing toaninstitution.
- Dear colleagues, Use when writing to a group of people.
- Hello guys, Use when writing to a group of people you knowverywell.
- Your sincerely,
- Kind regards,
Can I use dear in a formal letter?
All of these salutations begin with theword“dear.” While you can simply startaletter with the person's name, that canbemisinterpreted as abrupt or even rude. It's always safe tobeginyour salutation with the word “dear” inabusiness letter.