Asked by: Ayse Figuerolareal estate real estate buying and selling
What questions should you ask a home builder?
Last Updated: 5th June, 2020
- How many years have you been in business?
- Are you licensed (where required) and insured?
- How do you compare yourself to other builders?
- What type of new home warranty do you offer?
- Can you give me references from prior home buyers?
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, what questions should I ask a custom home builder?
10 Questions To Ask Your Custom Home Builder
- What is their experience building in the area?
- Do they have references?
- Who will be involved in the project?
- Are they licensed and insured?
- What's their warranty and after-build process?
- Can they guarantee good quality construction?
Furthermore, what to Know Before meeting with a builder? Before Meeting a Custom Builder, Do These 5 Things
- Research local builders. Refine your builder list.
- Ask questions. Meeting with a builder for the first time can be an overwhelming experience.
- Show and tell. If you've been surfing Houzz for inspiration, this is a great time to show the builder what you've found.
- Ask for references.
- Ask to take a tour (or three).
Besides, what to ask before building a house?
Ten Questions to Ask BEFORE Building a Custom Home
- How big is your family and how long do you plan on living in your new home?
- What's most important for your family?
- What construction materials is your dream home composed of?
- What are the criteria for finding a builder who shares your vision?
- What about the most important room in the home – the kitchen?
What do I need to know about building a custom home?
5 Things You Need To Know When Building A New Home
- Know your numbers. Before you start building your new home, run some numbers to determine whether you can afford to build the home you want.
- Check the reputation of your builder. Many builders are out there, but not all are created equal.
- Build with resale in mind.
- Think Green.
- Don't forget the punch.