Asked by: Jingyi Ambrahome and garden interior decorating
What should I look for when buying a hurricane window?
Last Updated: 21st February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do I choose a hurricane impact window?
When choosing impact windows, look for high-performing features such as laminated insulating glass, heat-reducing glass tints, and hi-performance low-E selections. In addition to impact- resistance, these windows also offer the benefits of reduced energy bills and protect furnishings, draperies and artwork from fading.
Similarly, what should I look for when buying Windows? All window frames function and age differently in various price ranges, so it's important to know the benefits and disadvantages of each.
- • Vinyl frame (PVC) Benefits: Energy efficient, least expensive.
- • Aluminum frame (metal)
- • Composite frame (fibrex)
- • Fiberglass frame (glass fiber)
- • Wood frame (natural)
Similarly, it is asked, what is the best hurricane window?
Here are some of the best impact resistant hurricane windows:
- Andersen Stormwatch Coastal windows and doors.
- Astor high impact windows and doors.
- CGI Sentinel impact resistant windows and doors.
- Kolbe impact certified windows and doors.
- Marvin Integrity windows and doors.
- Pella HurricaneShield impact glass windows.
What is the average cost of hurricane impact windows?
Impact Hurricane Windows Cost – Itemized Window and Installation Costs. The average installed cost of hurricane windows is $62 per square foot, or about $1,085 per window for the most popular size. Hurricane window cost starts at about $325 for small fixed windows and exceeds $2,000 for large windows that open.