Asked by: Fikri Hansmeierhealthy living nutrition
What should I serve with turnips?
Last Updated: 16th March, 2020
- Turnip Fries.
- Turnip Chips.
- Kale Pesto Turnip Spaghetti.
- Mashed Turnips.
- Turnip Coleslaw.
- Roasted Chicken with Vegetables.
- Turnip Home Fries.
- Turnip Gratin.
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in consideration, what are turnips good with?
You bet! Turnips are loaded with fiber and vitamins K, A, C, E, B1, B3, B5, B6, B2 and folate (one of the B vitamins), as well as minerals like manganese, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium and copper. They are also a good source of phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids and protein.
Also Know, which part of the turnip do we eat? Both the root and the leaves of the turnip are edible, but turnip greens refer specifically to the stem and leafy green part of the plant.
Beside above, what flavors go with turnips?
- Produce: potatoes, carrots, parsnip, apples, sweet potatoes, lemon, and onion.
- Herbs & Spices: chives, sage, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, garlic, ginger, vinegar, tarragon, mustard, thyme, olive oil, paprika, and salt.
- Savoury: bacon, roast beef, turkey, chickpeas, and rice.
How do you prepare turnips to eat?
Steps to Make It
- Preheat an oven to 400 F.
- While the oven heats, trim and peel the turnips.
- Put the prepared turnips in a baking pan or on a baking sheet.
- Roast the turnips until they're tender and browned; start checking on them after about 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!