Asked by: Ugaitz Teunaevmedical health first aid
What should you do to prepare for a fire?
Last Updated: 6th April, 2020
- Prepare an emergency kit.
- Check for, and remove, fire hazards in and around your home, such as dried out branches, leaves and debris.
- Keep a good sprinkler in an accessible location.
- Learn fire safety techniques and teach them to members of your family.
- Have fire drills with your family on a regular basis.
Click to see full answer.
Then, how can you prepare for a fire?
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
Similarly, how can you stay safe during a fire? Steps
- React as soon as you hear your smoke alarm go off.
- Safely exit through doors.
- Protect yourself from smoke inhalation.
- Stop, drop, and roll if your clothes catch fire.
- Ward off the smoke if you can't get out.
- Call for help from a second story window.
- Escape from a second story window if you can.
Also Know, what should you pack in a fire?
Pack things like wet wipes, a toothbrush, extra underwear, tampons or menstrual pads, and diapers, if needed, in your preparedness kit so they're easily accessible in an emergency situation.
What should I do to prepare for fire evacuation?
Home Evacuation Checklist – How to Prepare for Evacuation:
- Shut all windows and doors, leaving them unlocked.
- Remove flammable window shades, curtains and close metal shutters.
- Remove lightweight curtains.
- Move flammable furniture to the center of the room, away from windows and doors.