Asked by: Ceila Gribovfood and drink world cuisines
What sides go well with jambalaya?
Last Updated: 21st February, 2020
- CAJUN MAQUE CHOUX PASTA SALAD. Jambalaya's complexandrich flavors play perfectly with tangy and creamy saladsloadedwith veggies.
- BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD.
- SAUTEED SWISS CHARD AND ONIONS.
- BAKED OKRA.
- GRILLED CORN ON THE COB.
- CHEDDAR BISCUITS.
- HAM AND WHITE BEANS.
- BARBECUED SHRIMP.
Click to see full answer.
Herein, what sides do you serve with jambalaya?
Here are some other New Orleans-approved dishesthatpair very well with jambalaya, gumbo, and other cajunandcreole fare.
Side Dishes for Jambalaya
- Cornbread. Cornbread is a staple southern food that's atotalbreeze to prepare.
- Collard Greens.
- Corn Maque Choux.
- Simple Corn On The Cob.
Also, what side dishes go well with gumbo?
- There are only three acceptable things to serve withgumbo.
- Long grain white rice.
- My potato salad.
- Garlic bread but not the prepared one you find at thegrocerystore.
- For dessert, bread pudding with a whiskey or lemon sauce.
- Oh, I almost forgot.
Secondly, what is a good appetizer to go with jambalaya?
- Cajun Sausage Puffs. These miniature sausage rolls take on aNewOrleans flair.
- Cheesy Hot Jambalaya Dip. Transform the ingredients youloveabout jambalaya into a delicious party dip!
- Seafood Phyllo Cups.
- King Cake Cheese Ball.
- Grilled Oysters.
- Best Southern Crispy Fried Oysters.
- Smoked Oyster Spread.
- Mini Muffulettas.
Do tomatoes go in jambalaya?
Creole jambalaya, which is also sometimes knownas“red jambalaya,” includes tomatoes.Thisdish begins with the holy trinity of vegetables (onion,celery, andbell pepper) and meat being cooked together. Once themeat andvegetables have cooked, tomatoes, stock, and riceare addedto the pot.