Asked by: Linwood Constantautomotive road side assistance
What to do if car breaks down on motorway?
Last Updated: 11th January, 2020
- Move your vehicle to a safe place. Firstly, it'simportant that you move your vehicle to a safe place.
- Put your hazard lights on.
- Get out of the car.
- Don't use your reflective warning signs.
- Stay well away from the traffic.
- Call for assistance.
- Don't fix your car yourself.
- Remain calm.
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, can I call 911 if my car breaks down?
While remaining in your car, if you haveemergency roadside assistance service, dial them from your cellphone (if you have one). If you don't have roadsideassistance service, call for a tow truck or by dialing yourlocal non-emergency police station. If you don't know thenumber offhand, call 911.
how do you know when your car is about to break down? 5 Sneaky Signs Your Car Is About to Break Down
- There are a lot of miles on your odometer. Every minute yourcar is moving causes a bit of wear and tear on all its parts.
- Your tire tread is low.
- Your oil is running low.
- Your brakes look (and smell) funny.
- The check engine light is on.
Just so, who to call when you break down on the motorway?
Call us on 0800 88 77 66 if you need ourhelp, or use our app. Don't attempt even a simple repair ifyou're on a motorway. If you don't have amobile, walk to an emergency phone on your side of thecarriageway.
Who should I call if my car breaks down?
If you made it to the right-hand side of theroad, get out through the passenger-side door. And if yourengine's smoking or you see flames, get out of Dodge. Callfor help: If you have a roadside assistance provider, givethem a call. If you don't, call for a towtruck or call 9-1-1 if you need furtherassistance.