Asked by: Aratz Raddemedical health foot health
What to do if you fall and hit your knee?
Last Updated: 14th February, 2020
- Put an ice pack, gel pack, or package of frozenvegetableswrapped in a cloth on the injured area every 3 to4 hoursfor up to 20 minutes at a time until the pain andswellinggo away.
- Keep your knee up on a pillow when you sit orliedown.
Click to see full answer.
In this way, what injuries can you get from falling on your knee?
Below are 10 of the most common injuries oftheknee.
- Fractures. Any of the bones in or around the knee canbefractured.
- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries. ACL injuries can rangefromgrade 1 to 3 in severity.
- Meniscal tears.
- Tendon tears.
- Collateral ligament injuries.
Similarly, how do you know if you hurt your knee badly? Many patients suffering from knee sprainsheara popping noise at the time of injury. Painandtenderness in the knee accompanied by stiffness andswellingare common signs of a knee sprain. In more severecases,the patient may have trouble bearing weight ontheaffected leg.
Also asked, what to do if you fall and hurt your knee?
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) is goodforknee pain caused by a minor injury or an arthritisflare.Give your knee some rest, apply ice to reduceswelling, weara compressive bandage, and keep yourkneeelevated.
How long does it take for knee to heal after fall?
Expected Duration How long a knee sprain lasts dependsonthe type of knee sprain, the severity of your injury,yourrehabilitation program and the types of sports you play.Ingeneral, milder Grade I and Grade II MCL or LCL sprainshealwithin 2 to 4 weeks, but other types of kneesprains maytake 4 to 12 months.