Asked by: Lashay Larrab1defood and drink non alcoholic beverages
What whiskey should I use in a Manhattan?
Last Updated: 12th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, what is the best whiskey to use in a Manhattan?
The 7 Best Rye Whiskies To Use In A Manhattan
- Knob Creek Straight Rye.
- Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whisky 100 Proof Bottle-in-Bond.
- WhistlePig Straight Rye BEST OVERALL.
- George Dickel Rye.
- Angel's Envy Finished Rye.
- Old Overholt Rye BEST ON A BUDGET.
- Bulleit Rye.
Furthermore, what kind of vermouth do you put in a Manhattan? Ingredients
- 2 ounces rye whiskey.
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth.
- 3 dashes angostura bitters.
- 2-3 cocktail cherries.
- A few drops of syrup from the cocktail cherries optional.
Also know, what kind of whiskey goes in a Manhattan?
A Manhattan is a cocktail made withwhisky, sweet vermouth and bitters. While rye is thetraditional whiskey of choice, other commonly used whiskiesinclude Canadian whisky, bourbon, blended whiskey andTennessee whiskey.
What is the best bourbon to use for a Manhattan?
The 5 Best Bourbons for Your Manhattan
- For an Ultra-Smooth Manhattan: Woodford Reserve Bourbon($34)
- For a Full-Bodied Manhattan: Jim Beam Black ($20)
- For a Spicy Manhattan: Big House Bourbon ($22)
- For a Slightly Smoky Manhattan: Elijah Craig Small Batch($28)