Asked by: Dimitra Bruckdorfermedical health cold and flu
What will help settle an upset stomach?
Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In respect to this, how do you settle an upset stomach?
Some of the most popular home remedies for an upsetstomachand indigestion include:
- Drinking water. Dehydration can increase the likelihood ofanupset stomach.
- Avoiding lying down.
- Taking a warm bath or using a heating bag.
- BRAT diet.
- Avoiding smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Avoiding difficult-to-digest foods.
Additionally, what foods are good for an upset stomach? What to Eat When You Have an Upset Stomach
- Bananas. Getty Images.
- White Toast. littlenyGetty Images.
- Eggs. Getty Images.
- Oats. SynergeeGetty Images.
- Tomatoes. Getty Images.
- Sweet Potatoes. Getty Images.
- Ginger. Getty Images.
- Water. Getty Images.
Also to know is, what should you not eat with an upset stomach?
Don't Eat: Dairy Milk, cheese, and ice cream are all no-no's withanupset stomach. They're hard for your body to digest, inpartbecause they're high in fat.
Is Coca Cola good for an upset stomach?
The quick and popular remedy — usually in theformof cola, ginger ale or clear sodas — is said tohelpsettle the stomach with its slight fizz and replenishfluidsand glucose lost by vomiting and diarrhea.