Asked by: Cristea Moussipets fish and aquariums
What's a hermit crabs favorite food?
Last Updated: 7th February, 2020
- High-quality commercial hermit crab food.
- Recommend vegetables (spinach, carrots andromainelettuce) and noncitrus fruits (mangoes, coconut and papaya)astreats.
- Nuts, seaweed, brine shrimp and fish flakescanalso be offered as treats.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, what fruits and veggies can hermit crabs eat?
If you want to avoid baby food and usefreshfruits and vegetables, try blueberries, mango,banana,pineapple, grapes, sweet potatoes, carrots, corn, spinach,appleand broccoli heads. Walnuts, peanut butter, fresh rose orsunflowerpetals, honey, oatmeal and wheat germ offer a nice changetofruits and vegetables.
Beside above, what kind of meat can hermit crabs eat? Hermit crabs need protein-rich foodseveryday. Most of their daily protein should come from meatorfish -- you can feed lean beef, chicken orturkey,salmon, tuna, shrimp and eggs,which can behard-boiled orscrambled. Fish can be fresh or freeze-dried;consider krilland plankton.
Herein, how much do hermit crabs eat?
Hermit crab food is available in pellet form,ingel form, in powder form, or like canned dog food. Ifyouchoose any of these types of food, give smallcrabsabout 1 teaspoon per day.
What do I need for a hermit crab habitat?
Cage & Habitat
- Tank. A glass aquarium or terrarium with a screened lid makesanideal home for hermit crabs.
- Substrate. Sand or a mix of sand and an earth substrate canbeused as a bedding for your pets.
- Food & Water Bowls.