Asked by: Akil Mukundagiribusiness and finance defense industry
Where are the largest Air Force bases?
Last Updated: 19th June, 2020
- Fort Bragg. Population: 260,000. Location: North Carolina.
- Fort Campbell. Population: 234,900. Location:Tennessee/Kentucky.
- Fort Hood. Population: 217,000. Location: Texas.
- Joint Base Lewis – McChord. Population: 209,000.Location: Washington State.
- Fort Benning. Population: 107,627. Location: Georgia/Alabama.Area: 182,000 acres.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, where is the largest Air Force base in the United States?
Lackland Air Force Base. Overall Mission: This isthe largest training wing for different Air Forceunits in US.
Additionally, what Air Force Base has the most planes? RE: AFB With The Most Planes The "Air Force Base" in Guam is AndersenAFB .
Also, where are the bases for the Air Force?
Here, based on Air Force Times research, are the AirForce's best bases in the United States:
- 1. ( tied) Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
- (tied) Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio.
- Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland.
- Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska.
- Luke Air Force Base, Arizona.
- The full list:
Which state has the most military bases?
The states with the most total active duty and reservemembers of the military, as of September 2017, were:
- California: 184,540.
- Texas: 164,234.
- Virginia: 115,280.
- North Carolina: 112,951.
- Florida: 92,249.
- Georgia: 88,089.
- Washington: 64,066.
- South Carolina: 55,369.