Asked by: Angie Marcepersonal finance retirement planning
Where can I retire on a small budget?
Last Updated: 15th April, 2020
- Portugal. Cost of Living Index: 50.39.
- Malaysia. Cost of Living Index: 39.38.
- Spain. Cost of Living Index: 54.70.
- Costa Rica. Cost of Living Index: 50.89.
- Panama. Cost of Living Index: 51.45.
- Czech Republic.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do I retire on a small budget?
If you're serious about retiring on a bare-bones budget, check out these strategies:
- Assess where you stand.
- Downsize your housing.
- Share and share alike.
- Search out free entertainment.
- Stop subsidizing your kids' lifestyles.
- Take advantage of senior citizen discounts.
- Go international.
Also, which states are most affordable for retirees? The most affordable states for retirees
- Mississippi ($618,000)
- Tennessee ($661,000)
- Alabama ($713,000)
- Oklahoma ($724,000)
- Arkansas ($728,000)
In this way, where is the cheapest safest place to retire?
The World's Cheapest, Safest Retirement Countries
- Austria. Global Peace Index Rank: 3/163. Cost of Living Index: 71.79.
- Australia. Global Peace Index: 13/163.
- Czech Republic. Global Peace Index: 7/163.
- Portugal. Global Peace Index: 4/163.
- Slovenia. Global Peace Index: 11/163.
- Spain. Global Peace Index: 30/163.
- Malaysia. Global Peace Index: 35/163.
- Chile. Global Peace Index: 28/163.
Where can you retire on $2000 a month?
10 Countries Where You Can Live Comfortably on $2,000/Month
- Panama. Beautiful Caribbean beaches, charming mountain towns, a vibrant cultural capital city – what's not to like about Panama?
- Costa Rica.