Asked by: Toccara Sungtechnology and computing web hosting
Which domain controller options are enabled by default?
Last Updated: 9th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do I find my default domain controller policy?
- Start the Directory Management MMC (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Directory Management)
- Select the domain and right click on "Domain Controllers" and select Properties.
- Select the 'Group Policy' tab.
- The policies in effect will be shown, normally 'Default Domain Controllers Policy".
Furthermore, what is domain controller server? A domain controller (DC) is a server that responds to security authentication requests within a Windows Server domain. A domain controller is the centerpiece of the Windows Active Directory service. It authenticates users, stores user account information and enforces security policy for a Windows domain.
Besides, what should be in the default domain policy?
According to Microsoft training books the Default Domain Policy should only contain settings for password,account lockout, and kerberos policies. Changes in settings to domain security policy should always be made to the Default Domain Policy GPO.
How do I change my default domain controller?
To verify or set this configuration:
- Log in to a computer in the domain you want to configure using a user account with domain administrator privileges.
- Open a command prompt, type gpmc.
- Expand Forest > Domains > domainName > Domain Controllers.
- Right-click Default Domain Controllers Policy, and then click Edit.