Asked by: Arlyn Au-Yongnews and politics law
Who are the 9 justices?
Last Updated: 25th January, 2020
- Justice Stephen Breyer. Video. Breyer clerked for Supreme Court Justice Arthur Goldberg in 1964 before going on to teach Administrative Law as a professor at Harvard.
- Justice Elena Kagan. Video.
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Video.
- Justice Neil Gorsuch. Video.
- Justice Brett Kavanaugh. Video.
Click to see full answer.
Thereof, who are the 9 Supreme Court Justices and who appointed them?
|7||Thomas Johnson (1732–1819)||George Washington|
|8||William Paterson (1745–1806)|
|2||John Rutledge (1739–1800)|
|9||Samuel Chase (1741–1811)|
Beside above, who are the United States Supreme Court justices? Roberts was born in Buffalo, New York, and has two children with his wife, Jane Marie Sullivan.
- Clarence Thomas. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- Stephen G. Breyer.
- Samuel Anthony Alito Jr.
- Sonia Sotomayor.
- Elena Kagan.
Also Know, who are the current associate justices?
Back row: Associate Justice Neil M. Gorsuch, Associate Justice Sonia Sotomayor, Associate Justice Elena Kagan, Associate Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh. Nine Justices make up the current Supreme Court: one Chief Justice and eight Associate Justices.
Can the president add Supreme Court justices?
The central provision of the bill would have granted the President power to appoint an additional Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court, up to a maximum of six, for every member of the court over the age of 70 years and 6 months.