Asked by: Timea Uccellatorefine art modern art
Who is a famous artist in France?
Last Updated: 14th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, who is a French artist?
From Impressionist painters such as Claude Monet and Camille Pissarro, to the leading styles of Post-Impressionists such as Henri Rousseau and Paul Cézanne, here's our list of famous French artists you should know.
Also, what famous artists lived in Paris? Painters such as Vincent van Gogh, Paul Cézanne, Henri Rousseau, Pablo Picasso, Henry Matisse, Jean Metzinger, Albert Gleizes, Robert Delaunay, Fernand Léger, Henri Le Fauconnier, Juan Gris, María Blanchard, Amedeo Modigliani, Amédée Ozenfant, André Dunoyer de Segonzac, Roger de La Fresnaye and many others became
Subsequently, one may also ask, who are the French painters during 19th century?
Famous 19th Century French Artists & Painters
- Vincent van Gogh. 30 March 1853. Painter.
- Claude Monet. 14 November 1840. Painter.
- Paul Gauguin. 07 June 1848.
- Henri Matisse. 31 December 1869.
- Le Corbusier. 06 October 1887.
- Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec. 24 November 1864.
- Marcel Duchamp. 28 July 1887.
- Marc Chagall. 06 July 1887.
Who was the French painter to this art movement?
Paul Cézanne was a French Post-Impressionist painter, whose works influenced the development of many 20th-century art movements, especially Cubism.