Asked by: Doa Bozgabooks and literature poetry
Who is a famous writer?
Last Updated: 5th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, who is the most famous writer?
The Top Ten Famous Authors
- William Shakespeare. Ah, The Bard.
- George Orwell. True, Orwell (whose real name was Eric Arthur Blair) isn't everyone's taste, especially those who do not share his views on totalitarianism.
- J.K. Rowling. Like her or not, Ms.
- Kurt Vonnegut.
- Virginia Woolf.
- Ernest Hemingway.
- William Faulkner.
- Ayn Rand.
Secondly, who is the most famous English writer? So, in no particular order, here is our pick of the ten most famous English authors of all time:
- Jane Austen 1775 – 1817.
- William Blake 1757-1827.
- Geoffrey Chaucer 1343-1400.
- Charles Dickens 1812-1870.
- John Donne 1572-1631.
- George Eliot 1819-1880.
- John Milton 1608-1674.
- George Orwell 1903-1950.
In respect to this, who was a famous author?
William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616) English poet and playwright. Famous plays include Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Merchant of Venice and Hamlet. Shakespeare is widely considered the seminal writer of the English language. Jonathan Swift (1667 – 1745) Anglo-Irish writer born in Dublin.
Who is the most famous writer in America?
Here's a summary of 20 of America's most celebrated and influential writers.
- Herman Melville (1819-1891)
- Margaret Mitchell (1900-1949)
- Edgar Allan Poe (1809-1849)
- J.D. Salinger (1919-2010)
- John Steinbeck (1902-1968)
- Henry David Thoreau(1817-1862)
- Mark Twain (1835-1910)
- Walt Whitman (1819-1892)