Asked by: Mouctar Vanzhastyle and fashion nail care
Why are my nails very thin?
Last Updated: 15th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, why are my nails so thin?
Soft or weak These nails break easily or bend beforesnapping.Soft nails might be caused by overexposure tomoisture orchemicals — think detergent, cleaning fluids,nailtreatments, and nail polish remover. Weaknails aremost likely associated with a deficiency in Bvitamins, calcium,iron, or fatty acids.
Additionally, why are my nails thin and weak? Healthy nails are smooth, without ridges,grooves,spots or discoloration. Fingernails may becomeweak orbrittle due to harsh conditions. Repeatedexposure to veryhot or very cold temperatures also can be hard onyour nails.Frequent contact with chemicals, such as thosein many cleaningproducts, may weaken nails.
Consequently, how do you fix thin nails?
Try these expert tips
- Soak Nails in Olive Oil. This is one of the leastexpensivemethods for DIY nail repair.
- Use a Keratin Treatment.
- Massage Your Fingertips.
- Drink More Water.
- Change Your Polish Removal Routine.
- Wear Gloves.
- Moisturize Routinely.
How can I thicken my nails?
How To Grow Longer And Stronger Nails
- Use A Cuticle Oil Daily.
- Consider Taking A Biotin Supplement.
- Invest In A 'Soft' Nail File.
- Up Your Vitamin B9 Intake.
- Swap Out Your Acetone-Packed Nail Polish Remover.
- Pick A Nail Strengthener Packed With Keratin.