Asked by: Imma Kolnspergermedical health bone and joint conditions
Why do my elbows hurt when I sleep with bent?
Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Just so, why do my elbows hurt when I bend them?
The most common cause of elbow pain isinflammation of one or both of the elbow's two tendons. Thisis called tendinitis, and it is often theresult of overuse. "Repetitive movements from everyday work,household chores, golf, or tennis can affect themuscles above and below the elbow and cause tendinitis,"says Norby.
Subsequently, question is, how do you sleep with cubital tunnel syndrome? Initially, the easiest way to get relief from cubitaltunnel syndrome is to avoid actions that irritate the symptoms,such as:
- sleeping with the elbow bent.
- holding a phone for a long time.
- typing for extended periods.
- holding a book or tablet up for a long time.
- sitting with the arms on an armrest for a long while.
Then, why do my hands go numb when my elbows are bent?
Sleeping with your elbow bent can aggravatesymptoms. Numbness and tingling in the ringfinger and little finger are common symptoms of ulnarnerve entrapment. They happen more often when the elbow isbent, such as when driving or holding the phone. Somepeople wake up at night because their fingers arenumb.
How do you treat inner elbow pain?
- apply ice to the elbow and inner part of the forearm.
- take over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatorymedications.
- practice strengthening exercises.
- stretch the forearm.
- use a brace for extra support.
- return gradually to activity that involves the arm.