Asked by: Vern Narasimhatechnology and computing computer peripherals
Why does my Mac have a white screen?
Last Updated: 12th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Just so, what does it mean when your Mac screen goes white?
This situation can indicate that aharddrive is failing, or it could just be that youweretrying out a lot of troubleshooting tips andtheMac lost track of what the startup diskwas. Ifthis happens, reboot the Mac while holding downtheOption key on the keyboard.
Furthermore, what is the white screen of death? The White Screen of Death (WSoD) orsimply"White Death" refers to an error or issue with anoperatingsystem that causes the computer or device to stop workinganddisplay only a white screen.
In respect to this, how do you fix a white screen on a Mac?
Please follow these steps:
- Turn off your Mac.
- Restart your Mac and hold option+R keys immediately aftertheApple startup chime.
- When your computer starts up, you will see the OS Xutilitiesmenu.
- Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Select your start up disk.
- Click Repair Disk.
- Then reboot your Mac.
How do you fix a computer with a white screen?
Solution 1 – Run sfc/scannow command
- Right-click on Start Menu button and open CommandPrompt(Admin).
- Enter the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow.
- Wait until the scan is finished (since the scan is deep,itcould last for a while).
- Restart your computer and see if white screenstillappears.