Asked by: Daylo Alcahudhome and garden home appliances
Why does my memory foam mattress feel so hard?
Last Updated: 7th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this way, will my memory foam mattress get softer?
Memory foam will eventually soften without you having to do anything, aside from sleeping on it. And you won't have to wait for very long as memory foam only needs a few days to a couple of weeks to break in. In most cases, a mattress will soften up in under a week, though it can take longer.
Subsequently, question is, why is my memory foam so hard? First up, because memory foam is highly sensitive to heat, the ambient temperature can completely change the firmness of your mattress. If you have had a cold spell, this could account for your mattress feeling too firm. Use a heater in your room before you go to bed and this will help to soften the mattress up.
Just so, how can I make my memory foam mattress softer?
How to Make a Firm Memory Foam Mattress Softer
- Use a mattress topper. Adding more layers between your body and your memory foam mattress is a great way to make your bed more comfortable.
- Alter the base support of your memory foam mattress.
- Warm up your mattress before bedtime.
- Walk or crawl on your mattress for several minutes every day.
How do you revive memory foam?
Here is the step by step guide to restore a memory foam mattress:
- Place the mattress on the floor.
- Place a pillow under the sagging part of the foam.
- Install a mattress topper or mattress pad.
- Add a layer of cardboard or wood underneath.
- Try a mattress helper.