Asked by: Arletha Rothenbuschtechnology and computing browsers
Why does Safari shut down unexpectedly?
Last Updated: 13th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, how do I stop Safari from crashing on my Mac?
How to Stop Safari From Crashing
- Choose "Settings" from your apps.
- Scroll down and tap on "Safari."
- Tap the switch for Safari Suggestions to turn it off. Yourbrowser should stop crashing.
- MORE: iOS Tips, Tricks and Secrets You Need to Know.
- Click Safari in the top bar and choose "Preferences" from themenu.
- Uncheck "Include Safari Suggestions."
Also, how do I fix Safari not loading Web pages? Just work your way down the list until the problem issolved.
- Refresh the webpage.
- Check your URL.
- Clear Safari cache.
- Use a VPN.
- Change DNS settings.
Also, how do I clear the Safari cache?
Clear the Web Browser Cache - Safari
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menubar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
- Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
- Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
What to do if Safari is not working on Mac?
In most cases, it's an easy fix, and there are a few thingsyou can do.
- Quit and relaunch Safari. Try pressing Cmd + Q to quit the appand open it back up.
- Fine-tune Safari preferences. Go to Safari > Preferences andnavigate to the Security tab.
- Clear cache and manage extensions.
- Reset applications.