Asked by: Rolan Parnikatechnology and computing computer peripherals
Why is my computer mic not working?
Last Updated: 24th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Similarly one may ask, why is my mic not working on PC?
One possible reason that your microphone isn'tworking could be that it's either muted or set to low volume.To check if either is your problem: 1) Right-clickthe Speaker Icon at the bottom right corner. Selectthe default microphone, and then click theProperties button.
Additionally, how do I fix my microphone on Windows 10? Method 2: Turn on the Microphone in Windows 10Settings
- Use Windows shortcut keys Win + I to open the Settings.
- Select the Privacy.
- Click Microphone in the left column.
- Turn on the microphone on the right section. You could alsoenable or disable apps to use the mic.
Also Know, how do I turn on my microphone on my computer?
Enable microphone from the Sound Settings
- At the bottom right corner of the windows menu Right Click onthe Sound Settings Icon.
- Scroll up and select Recording Devices.
- Click on Recording.
- If there are devices listed Right Click on the desireddevice.
- Choose enable.
How do you troubleshoot a microphone?
Use it to troubleshoot microphone problems.
- In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audiorecording.
- The Sound troubleshooter opens.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then clickNext.