Asked by: Stefani Novakovautomotive auto infotainment technologies
Why is my FM radio not working?
Last Updated: 1st January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, why is my car radio not picking up stations?
Check Your Antenna Connections One of the most common causes of poorcarradio reception is a poor antenna connection. Iftheantenna cable is poorly seated in your head unit,or any ofthe connections are loose, worn, or corroded,you'll oftenfind it difficult to tune into yourfavoritestation.
Also, how do you know if your car radio is blown? Symptoms to look for include:
- Radio fails to turn on – wiring problem orblownfuse.
- Radio turns of at irregular intervals – there's eitherapower or ground connection problem.
- Car radio display and sound goes on and off together–head unit might not be getting enough power.
Also, how do I fix my radio antenna?
Method 1 Using Aluminum Foil
- Analyze the break in your antenna. Many radio antennashavetelescoping links that allow it to extend or detract.
- Cut a single, continuous sheet of aluminum foil.
- Rejoin the broken part of the antenna with your foil.
- Wrap duct tape around your foil.
- Check quality and adjust as necessary.
Where is the fuse for the radio?
This is typically on the side of thedriver's-sidedashboard. It can also be located under the dash orunder thevehicle's hood in the engine compartment. Refer to yourvehicleowner's manual to determine where your fuse blockislocated.