Asked by: Kamala Bouvetmusic and audio tv and film podcasts
Will syncing with iTunes erase music?
Last Updated: 23rd January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Herein, will iTunes delete my music if I sync it?
Rule of thumb: if the originaliTunescopied the content on in the first place, itwill beremoved. It won't just wipe the whole phone, justwhat came fromiTunes. The message is wrongly worded —it doesn'terase the entire iPhone, but only contentsynced fromanother library which is now beingreplaced.
Also Know, how do I stop iTunes from syncing music? How to Disable Automatic Syncing in iTunes
- With iTunes open, go to the Edit menu (Windows) or iTunesmenu(macOS), and then choose Preferences from the list.
- Go to the Devices tab.
- Put a check in the box next to Prevent iPods, iPhones, andiPadsfrom syncing automatically.
- Click OK to save and exit.
Similarly one may ask, what does syncing music on iTunes do?
Sync means copying new apps, music,video,or books from iTunes to your phone, or from your phonetoiTunes. You can think of it this way: backup saves a copyofstuff you've created, and sync copies media youhavedownloaded via the iTunes Store.
How do I sync my iPhone music to my iTunes library?
Sync your content using Wi-Fi
- Connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable,thenopen iTunes and select your device.
- Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi."
- Click Apply.